Zondervan – 2002 – ISBN: 0-310-24660-1
I picked this book up at Half Price Books for the HCCSA monthly business person’s luncheon. We give away a book at each lunch and I thought it would be great to check this one out. I think it was a good book. Ken Blanchard explains that the book is partially based on S. Truett Cathy’s life. I don’t know that I would recommend it to anyone who is not already a believer.
Here are the action points I came away with from this book:
- Lack of generosity creates a lack of significance [ and lack of relevance (mine)].
- We all have four commodities to give: Time, Talent, Treasure, and Touch (pg. 42).
- Generosity stems from understanding God owns everything (pg. 46).
- Generosity is impacting the lives of others.
- Generosity is an attitude. It must be cultivated daily.
- Big difference between “held” values and “operational” values.
- Three Ms – Master, Mission, Mate.
5 keys to the Generosity Factor
- He owns it all.
- Every day is an opportunity.
- Action is required.
- Remember your blessings
- Thank Him.